Do not think me gentle because I speak in praise of gentleness, or elegant because I honour the grace that keeps this world. I am a [wo]man crude as any, gross of speech, intolerant, stubborn, angry, full of fits and furies. That I may have spoken well at times, is not natural. A wonder is what it is. (Wendell Berry)

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I can't come up with a good title.

These last two weeks have been among the busiest of my LIFE. I haven't gotten a free five minutes since I got to Spain. I am glad to be back though. This post isn't about anything in particular, I just feel like I should update you people (whoever you people are) on what's happining. I'm watching Mulan right now. Some day I'd like to go fight in a chinese army.

I'm going to Paris next weekend to visit my old small group leader from high school, Amy Dayton. I am STOKED. I'm hoping to take a lot of black and white pictures. I want to find a really good one of the Eiffle Tower and one of Notre Dame. And I want's some crepes. I'm really really excited. I'm feeling artsy.

So I went to Troy's Theater group on Monday. We read some lines out of 'night, Mother. It's a play about a girl who tells her mother she is going to commit suicide. It was really interesting but I didn't get to read the end. Lisa and this woman named Bea were there. They were both pretty good- but I felt kinda dumb; not because of anything anybody said or did, everyone was encouraging, but I'm really not that comfortable acting. It's weird. It doesn't come naturally to me at all. I thought I'd be good at it actually, because it's about pretending, and I always feel like I'm doing that in my head. But I also realized that to be good at it you sort of have to know how to evoke some emotion. I don't do emotion. I'm gonna go again next week hopefully with a friend or two that have the gift of emoting themselves... but I'm more interested in reading the plays than acting them out. Although, in Troy's defence, he's a good teacher and if anyone could teach me to act, I think it would be him.

Can I just say how much I like Madrid and Oasis and my life sometimes? I'm pretty stoked about it. I can't imagine never having given it over to God to run. I'd probably be working at IHOP.

1 comment:

Paulo J said...

i'm going tomorrow from goya. wanna catch the metro?