Do not think me gentle because I speak in praise of gentleness, or elegant because I honour the grace that keeps this world. I am a [wo]man crude as any, gross of speech, intolerant, stubborn, angry, full of fits and furies. That I may have spoken well at times, is not natural. A wonder is what it is. (Wendell Berry)

Thursday, July 27, 2006

cereal

this morning while i was eating cereal, i sneezed.

it was gross.

has that ever happened to you?

it is gross.

Question Of The Day
where/when is the worst place/time to sneeze?

3 comments:

kelly_w said...

this is really gross, but since you asked it, i'll tell you.

in 8th grade, my class was in the school library doing standardized testing. the books were dusty.

i sneezed into my hand and then looked at them---they were covered! no napkin, no kleenex. i couldn't talk to someone or ask to leave b/c you weren't supposed to leave during the test, and i was a goody two-shoes.

so i wiped my snotty hands on the bottom of the table in the library. it's probably still there.

there's my confession of the day.

Victoria said...

thats super gross, but a very good story. i'll never touch anything in kentucky though.

Marianna said...

I have a veritable plethora of personal experiences in which inopportune sneezing has occurred. This is due to perennial rhinitis (no, I'm not secretly a rhinocerous - this just means I have allergies).

I am severely allergic to horses, erego - horsebackriding is not exactly a good idea. However, I like riding horses. So, on a few occasions I have attempted to defy the rhino within and go horsebackriding anyway.

I have not been successful.

The last time I tried, I took a double dose of allergy medicine just prior to riding. Then after riding for about 2 hours, I had to drive home. Driving 70 mph on the freeway while simultaneously emitting rapid-fire-sneezes was a bit scary. For as we know, one cannot keep his/her eyes open while sneezing. Not good.

But fortunately, I made it home safely.

The End.