Do not think me gentle because I speak in praise of gentleness, or elegant because I honour the grace that keeps this world. I am a [wo]man crude as any, gross of speech, intolerant, stubborn, angry, full of fits and furies. That I may have spoken well at times, is not natural. A wonder is what it is. (Wendell Berry)

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Not the weirdest dream I've ever had but still weird.

Last night I had a dream that I was being chased my a "Voldemort Snake." I was in this giant room that was divided in half by a wall that went only half way to the ceiling. On either side of the wall there were pews. All along the ceiling there was scaffolding that you could hide in. It was all some sort of game- you had to hide from the snake or he would eat you. Pretty fun, eh? I was hiding under the pews for a while between the wall and the first set of pews. I thought the snake would smell me with his little tongue smellers and I'd get eaten, but I didn't. Then someone moved the pew because the other people I was playing this "game" with were MEANIES. Then I climbed up the scaffolding and was like "what kind of hiding place is this? you can see through scaffolding..." Then I got mad. Then I started thinking of the snake that Jafar, the evil sorcerer, turns into at the end of Aladdin. Then I wasn't sure if the snake was Jafar or Dumbledore. I still don't know. I woke up because the baby was crying- a pretty common occurrence lately.

It was definitely better than the dream I had the night before. I was fighting with an old friend- Joe Stroup- and he had a butcher knife and I had a coffee cup. It was one of those dreams that you're fighting for your life so you're not axed by your crazy butcher-knife wielding friend, but you can't really hit hard. Like I was swinging the coffee cup but my arm felt like Gumby.
I didn't get stabbed but I didn't beat Joe with the coffee cup either. Frustrating.

2 comments:

John Carlson said...

if it helps, Dumbledore is gay

Abri said...

that's scary

oh joe...