Do not think me gentle because I speak in praise of gentleness, or elegant because I honour the grace that keeps this world. I am a [wo]man crude as any, gross of speech, intolerant, stubborn, angry, full of fits and furies. That I may have spoken well at times, is not natural. A wonder is what it is. (Wendell Berry)

Thursday, February 07, 2008

annoying stuff that is annoying

1. shutting off your computer thinking you saved the stuff you haven't actually saved in three days. after changing things. THREE DAYS WORTH OF THINGS! BLAHIDNGISDNG.
2. basically all technology.
3. my stupid *(Y$(@H#@E* dog who thinks my room is his own personal latrine.


man that's annoying.

in other news... here's a question to pose to the people who normally leave comments on my blog. when do you stop trying to be friends with someone? like there's only so many times you can contact a person and them not respond before you gotta be like, okay peace.
one of my best friends from highschool won't answer any of my calls and the last thing i heard was that she's pregnant. i think i've completely given up on her. there are other people out there too that i keep trying to talk to but it never happens- but now that i think about it i do that to other people too. i don't like that most of my relationships rely on facebook. i can comment on people's shoes, movie preferences or quizzes that they take but i have no idea how they are actually doing. i don't like that at all. this deserves more thought.

and finally, im going to tattoo the words "hit save" to my fingers. AHH im so annoyed.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I've done the whole "we probably shouldn't be friends anymore" thing a lot in the past couple of years. I think it has a lot to do with the shift between high school life to college life and then to adult life. Certain relationships grow during those transitions, and others just fizzle. It isn't necessarily anyone's fault, it just happens.

In my experience, you just KNOW when it's time to move on. The fact that you're posting about it indicates that it's probably time. You don't need to write the person off entirely, just accept the fact that you're two different people with two different lives. Stop making the phone calls, sending the emails, and commenting on facebook. Just stop putting so much effort into it. You'll both move on, and sometimes you'll think of the person and send a quick hi, but that's about it. It's weird at first, but with time it feels more natural. Yeah... that's my two cents.