Do not think me gentle because I speak in praise of gentleness, or elegant because I honour the grace that keeps this world. I am a [wo]man crude as any, gross of speech, intolerant, stubborn, angry, full of fits and furies. That I may have spoken well at times, is not natural. A wonder is what it is. (Wendell Berry)

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Different Strokes for Different Folks

In honor of the seven comments I had on my last blog post, I will post seven different things.

1. One of the things I don't like about Spain is the cereal. It is all nasty. All of it. Except for one kind, Crock Bizz, which is like Smacks in the states but Smacks is too bad for you to eat all the time so I'm stuck with what should be corn flakes and other crap but it's not corn flakes, it's like little pieces of crunchy toasted paper. I love you Crock Bizz and I'm sorry we can't be together. AND I HATE YOU SPANISH CORN FLAKES AND WISH YOU WERE HIT BY A BUS.

2. As some of you know, and as my roomates have experienced, I used to write standup comedy sketches and have preformed them for a very few because they were written in like 9th grade and they're all about my dog and racist people. Well, yesterday, I was walking down the street on the way to the park and I started coming up with new material. I was seriously laughing out loud on the street. I got some looks. Suffice to say, my new material is coming along quite nicely. Man, I'm funny.

3. I'm still eating this cereal and YOU STILL SUCK, CEREAL.

4. So I'm organizing this trip to N. Africa in January as sort of a recon (research) but im gonna call it recon mission to find out who we can serve with in the future and I have a chance to go in the fall with another group of folk and not lead it just to find out where we're going and take notes and stuff and I'm praying about it right now. I don't know whether or not to go, and I don't know if I'll have the money. So pray for that. If I go, I'll miss our big thanksgiving bash which I don't want to miss, but I think that's just selfish. And I'll miss school which I've never complained about before so I don't know if that's a pro or a con. But I don't care about pros and cons, I want to know what the Lord wants so pray, okay? okay.

5. I've decided that even though I'm not married or have children that I have to start making my own holiday traditions. Or just random traditions. I like the tradition me and Amy (my roomate) have right now that just started. Every Sunday afternoon around 2 we go and eat "breakfast" (because we really did just get up although Amy sleeps later than me because it's the only day of the week she can really sleep in because of the construction in our building so she sleeps till like one which is REALLY impressive because i can only sleep till like eleven thirty MAX) anyways, we go eat breakfast at two at this irish pub around the corner where they speak english and actually have a decent breakfast unlike anywhere else ever and it's like a legit irish breakfast (eggs, beans (really good), potatoes, mushrooms, tomatoes, bacon... BETTER THAN THIS FRIGGIN CEREAL) and as we're eating we watch football (the soccer kind) on their tv's cuz there is a game always on, so we're there for like an hour and a half two hours watching sports. sunday tradish.

6. I got a 59 on my business ethics midterm! but he curved it to a C so what does that say about everyone else? And what the crap? It's philosophy. That's like, MY subject. It's my minor. I've never gotten a C in philosophy EVER and now I am ticked. I'm taking the class independent study and so I basically do the readings but don't go to class and get the notes and I understand the reading because again, sixth philosophy class, and whatever, im not going to even justify that grade with a very legit explanation because this is turning into a long post.

7. so the other day I heard again that "Jesus is just a crutch" and you know what our response should be?! YES! He is! But I don't know anyone who doesn't need that crutch. When I am weak, he is strong. That's like the definition of a crutch. Amen to that. Because all of the rest of the crutches in the world like drinking or relationships or pride have GIANT SPIKES on them that stab you in the armpits. But our Crutch isn't like that. They smashed our Crutch and He rose from the DEAD.

4 comments:

John Carlson said...

mmmm...armpit blood

Marianna said...

In honor of your seven things, and because I did not comment on your last post, even though I thought it was amazing, I'm going to make six comments.
1. I'm not a fan of cereal, except for the occasional(by "occasional," I mean "every 8 years") bowl of Lucky Charms. Lately I've been hooked on breakfast sandwiches. I make them at home with bacon, egg, and cheese on a bagel or english muffin. Yum.
2. I want to see your standup comedy. I'm sad that I've never seen it before.
3. Can I go with you to Morocco? I could make you pumpkin pie and we could eat it with tagine and mint tea. It would be a Moroccan Thanksgiving in January.
4. I wanna eat breakfast with you and Amy at 2 on Sunday at an Irish pub.
5. I think the 59 was just one theory. There's a school of thought that claims you got a 98.
6. Yay Jesus.

Paulo J said...

about your exam grade: at least you weren´t eating spanish corn flakes, which i must agree, don´t fill me up as much as the coffee i drink with them which is, might i remind you, liquid. oh and i want to see your stand-up, too. maybe you can do an impromptu performance when you see me on the street.

Elle said...

Ok, I love cereal too and now that I know the crap ur going through for it I have a suggestion. You give me your address and I'll mail you this huge box full of cereal! I like the idea!