Do not think me gentle because I speak in praise of gentleness, or elegant because I honour the grace that keeps this world. I am a [wo]man crude as any, gross of speech, intolerant, stubborn, angry, full of fits and furies. That I may have spoken well at times, is not natural. A wonder is what it is. (Wendell Berry)

Monday, March 12, 2007

The Worst Way to Die

I haven't had a lot to write about recently, then all of a sudden lots of things fall in my lap. Of all the things that have happened recently, I think the following is the most interesting.

Today in my class "Environment and Development in Latin America," we were talking about the dangers of the Amazon. Among those named were things like the wild boar, palm fronds (really heavy apparently and can gouge your eye out if it falls while you are looking up) and the CandirĂº.
The CandirĂº is a type of fish that lives in the Amazon River and is about six centemeters long. It is attracted to human and animal waste. The CandirĂº, as soon as it smells said waste, will travel in the direction that the waste is coming from until it can't travel no more, if you get my drift. Then it will shoot out these spiney things and attach itself to its host. EW. It can only be removed by surgery.
In my opinion, this is officially the grossest thing ever. I'm really skeeved out.

3 comments:

Heather Cady said...

Now THAT was a post worth waiting for.

TETRIS!

Anonymous said...

bet it keeps the kids from peeing in the pool.

Marianna said...

Eeeeewwwwwww