Do not think me gentle because I speak in praise of gentleness, or elegant because I honour the grace that keeps this world. I am a [wo]man crude as any, gross of speech, intolerant, stubborn, angry, full of fits and furies. That I may have spoken well at times, is not natural. A wonder is what it is. (Wendell Berry)

Monday, January 21, 2008

And so it begins...

It's Monday. I arrived back into the U.S. on Thursday. I gave myself a little break because since I graduated way back in the 07's, I haven't stopped moving or thinking. But, today is Monday. It is day one of the rest of my life: support raising.
I can tell you that it is a little daunting. I mean, I gotta raise all the money I have to live for like a year! OR TWO! GASP! Do you know how hard/much/ridiculous that is? Well, a lot of you do. For those of you who don't, lemme tell ya: it's hard/a lot/ ridiculous.
I've been hanging out with baby though. My little nephew/godson is ADORABLE. But he pukes on me. So, there are ups and downs to hanging out with a baby all day. It's cool though because when I left he was a month old, and now he's six months old. Basically they fast forwarded him five months (because usually life doesn't change or progress at all in America while I'm away.) He has a little personality! Plus he thinks I'm the funniest being on earth and I don't even have to whip out my old stand-up notebook.
Again though, he pukes on me. Yesterday I got carrotted during Sponge-Robert-Quadrilateral-Trousers (everything is an opportunity for intellectual betterment. That little 3/4 cracker's gonna be a genius by the time I leave.)
That is all.

1 comment:

Em said...

Did you just call DUANE? DAWAYNE? D.W. 3/4 cracker? MAAAAAAAAAAAN.