Do not think me gentle because I speak in praise of gentleness, or elegant because I honour the grace that keeps this world. I am a [wo]man crude as any, gross of speech, intolerant, stubborn, angry, full of fits and furies. That I may have spoken well at times, is not natural. A wonder is what it is. (Wendell Berry)

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Victoria Said... Fast Food

HEY remember to read Troy and Heather's blog about fast food first or this will make much less sense.

So, now for my thoughts:


Okay. I'm glad Troy and Heather married each other because I cannot think of anyone else in the whole universe, even aliens and people that aren't real like centaurs and Dracula, that likes Arby's.
That said, I can understand why Troy like Burger King. I hate mayonnaise. When people put it on my food, it makes me want to commit crimes.

So, I am willing to forgo delicious McDonalds' fries for the less delicious fries at Burger King simply because I won't have to return my chicken sandwich nine times because they keep screwing it up. But Heather is right, McDonalds' fries are superior.
That said... Has everyone forgotten Taco Bell? I know that their food is disgusting approximately eleven seconds after you swallow it. But boy, those eleven seconds are pretty good. Soft tacos are better than hard tacos. I also like KFC. I think however, that the fast food prize might have to go to Wendy's.
I prefer Wendy's because I like chicken sandwiches and I think they have done a pretty good job with them. I also like their frosties although I can only eat like a half of one because there are like seventy billion grams of sugar in each one. But they are Frosty and Delicious.

(Actually, the best fast food restaurant is Chickafila, but I left that out because they don't have it all over the states and I didn't want to make people who have never been there jealous. But everyone knows it's the best. I like their plain chicken sandwich with pickles. And they never put mayonnaise on anything UNLESS you ask. Which is how America was founded originally. So...

Dear Chickafila,
Thank you for you chicken and patriotism.)

9 comments:

John Carlson said...

Ok, first and foremost, may the record state that Arby's is the grossest establishment in America. Roast beef isn't supposed to be pink. Its vile. Wow.

Secondly, number one goes to Chipotle. It is the nirvana of the fast foot eating experience. Then follows Chick-fil-a, which is delicious and more diverse but not as good as Chipotle. Then probably Subway. Lets keep all that grease out of our bodies.

For burgers, the best is Hardy's and the thickburger. The funniest thing about Hardy's is their biscuits are made from "scratch," which is actually a trademarked word for the premixed stuff they use to make the biscuits, so that they aren't made by scratch, but they are made of premixed material called "scratch." Welcome to America.

In the end...I just would like to strike the word "Arby's" out of the world vocabulary, so that if people would want to eat there, they would just point and grunt. Which is fair, because by eating there they are less human.

megan said...

In-n-Out burger. mmmmm....
then Chik-fil-A. oh, I miss those things. :)

John Carlson said...

read the comment i left on ur pastors blog...considering i dont know them

Paulo J said...

personally, i like arby´s and their fries and their shakes. so there. and i also like chik-fil-a because they have good sandwiches & lemonade, but it´s a bit expensive. however, i know two people who are in management at two different chik-fil-a stores, which are equidistant from my parents´ house, so i´m happy. oh, and then there´s waffle house, site of midnight study sessions and appropriate to eat at after any function: movies, exams, dates, church.

Troy and Heather Cady said...

Victoria,

How could I forget Wendy's?! Actually, I revise my post: Arby's is out and Wendy's is in. Can I join the cool kid's club again now?

T

Marianna said...

So, I read this post pretty much the day you wrote it, but I didn't comment. That's because as soon as I read it, I jumped up and ran off to Arby's, where I got a Roast Beef Sandwich with lots of Arby's sauce, some curly fries (the best ever), and a Jamocha shake. Arby's rocks. If it's the shredded meat you have a problem with, let me say two words to you: Doner Kebab. Sure, I know that Arby's is totally different from Doner Kebab, but they're both freaking awesome. And they both sell fries. And at Arby's, Kelly doesn't even have to ask for them to hold the love, they automatically come that way. So yeah.

Heather Cady said...

You are sadly behind in your posts!

John Carlson said...

me thinks your new blog series died

Unknown said...

Victoria,

This is your dad at a friends place in N.C.
Congrats on your graduation. I'm very, very proud of you. Love you very much.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Don't think I don't know the Reason for the Season!
(to praise the birthday of Jesus).

Love, Jeffrey Julius Stembokas (your dad)