Do not think me gentle because I speak in praise of gentleness, or elegant because I honour the grace that keeps this world. I am a [wo]man crude as any, gross of speech, intolerant, stubborn, angry, full of fits and furies. That I may have spoken well at times, is not natural. A wonder is what it is. (Wendell Berry)

Friday, October 07, 2005

Every one else was doing it...

Here it is folks. My first blog entry. Isn't the little guy cute? I've decided to begin this blog in order to write things. Not dumb things like stupid surveys. I dont like surveys but I answer them anyway and then tell my friends that they have to. And this is wrong and it vexes me greatly. I shall make this the blog of good stories, childhood dreams being realized, political ponderings and theological discussions. I now dub this College Blog. Livejournal was high school blog. This is college blog. I will no longer submit to social norms and being "cool," rather, I will express with this pen of mine (or the keypad) my heart to the nations.



plus marianna and kelly have blogs and i just want to be cool like them. let the games begin.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blog, dear Victorino, is short for "web log." Web nerds were tired of saying two syllables and shortened it to "blog." There you go. That's what a good edumacation at SMU does for you.

Marianna said...

Atoria: Hooray! You're a cool kid now! Great jorb! Matt: You don't have a blog; you have a website. Nicoolio: Thank you for edumacating us on the history of the word blog.

Victoria said...

matt i thoroughly enjoy your english wit. thats why i go to your blog at least once every three months.
and HI NICOLE! does that mean web nerds are lazy?
*faints from Marianna's comment that now I'm cool*

kelly_w said...

I'm glad you've chosen to be cool like me. Who's the chick in the picture? Is that me? It looks like me :).

Anonymous said...

You had to know that someone as uncool as your pastor would find your blog, Victoria.

I'll be checking up on you now, watching your every word.

And laughing.

T