Do not think me gentle because I speak in praise of gentleness, or elegant because I honour the grace that keeps this world. I am a [wo]man crude as any, gross of speech, intolerant, stubborn, angry, full of fits and furies. That I may have spoken well at times, is not natural. A wonder is what it is. (Wendell Berry)

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Top Ten Summer Foods

After reading Troy and Heather's blog, "He Said, She Said" (see link to the left) I decided to add my opinions about the top ten best summer foods- mostly because they (read Troy... Heather is pretty normal...) skipped all the good ones and added ones like powdered donuts and bacon bits... ridiculous. SO! Without further ado-

Victoria's Top Ten Summer Foods Extravaganza

1. Potato salad or macaroni salad with NO mustardy flavoring whatsoever.

2. Watermelon (me and my mom used to get a whole one and cut it in half and eat it like they were two bowls of watermelon.)

3. Ribs.. or really any pork products cooked outside with some sort of BBQ sauce... but not hotdogs.

4. Corn on the Cob

5. FUNNEL CAKES!

6. Good, ripe peaches. Goin to the country... gonna eat me a lotta peaches. PEACHES PEACHES IN A CAN! THEY WERE PUT THERE BY A MAN!

7. Strawberry shortcake. The kind with those frozen strawberries PLUS real ones so you get the sugary syrupy syrup with it and the "shortcake" made out of bisquick! MMM!

8. Popsicles. Not American ones- the ones you get from the kioskos in Madrid. There's this one kind that has like, this mangoey inside with these strips of other flavors spiraled around the outside... omagoodness.

9. ICEE's... NOT slurpies or slushies. Those are way different and, although they are good, they cannot touch a freshly made ICEE. I haven't had one in a really long time though. But I want one. Now.

10. I'm gonna go ahead and mention potato salad again because it is so delicious. I could eat a bowl of it for every meal during the months of May, June, July and August. But remember- NO mustard.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Um...HELLO??!!

1. Bacon bits and powdered donuts were not on my official list.

2. Watermelon, corn on the cob and popsicles WERE on my list.

3. I forgot about strawberry shortcake. That is my all time favorite dessert. And I concur, I love the frozen strawberries. I should have put that on my list.

4. You put potato salad twice. Heather had that in her list, too. Yesterday I made potato salad, and I'm sorry to tell you that I looked for a recipe with mustard in it, because we think it's tastier that way. Sorry to say that I'm the one who makes it in our house now (that's official, as of last night) so you won't be liking our potato salad, friend.

4. I too like ICEE's. They are the best. I just forgot about 'em.

5. I too like grilling, but I thought that was an obvious one so I didn't put it.

6. You're weird, anyway.